Sunday, January 20, 2013

I want to invent something!


So….I haven’t felt too inspired by this week’s main topic about relating games to learning. I don’t know. I’m not too much of a “gamer”, so I can’t relate that much. So this blog will probably be a little all over the place.


Since it’s a new semester I’ll introduce myself a little. I’m Kristen :) I’m a bio major, I love doing anything outdoors like hiking or biking. I’m really easy-going, and that’s pretty much me.


This is how I decorated my day book…it’s just a lot of pictures of some friends.


We did a Writing into the Day this week on Monday called, We are Makers, by Dale Dougherty via TED. Here's my writing on it...


He talked about how we’re creatures with the need to make. It got me thinking about inventions and how I’ve always wanted to invent something and make millions. Sadly, that hasn’t happened yet and I’m still waiting for that million dollar idea to hit me in the head. I think it’s really neat how people can have the seemingly stupid idea of a blanket with sleeves and somehow make money on that. 

I can have major ADD when it comes to having a computer in front of me...So I googled some inventions due to curiosity and I decided to add some that I thought were funny. Enjoy :) 

Because using a knife to spread your butter is too hard these days...

For beginners in make-up...

A result of some great parenting...

This would make me feel lonelier than going to bed by myself...

5 comments:

  1. These are some crazy yet humorous pics by the way. I also agree with you on the fact that there wan't much that was inspiring in class this past week but hopefully there will be. Ummm. Nice daybook by the way, its very friendly.

    -San

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen! These are fantastic maker riffs. The way you are expanding on this idea of making to think about invention is really interesting to me. We talk about the idea of invention in writing, too- where invention is sort of like beginning to get words on the page... hmmm... this is an interesting topic you have come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm in the 9:30 class! I stumbled on your blog and thought it was really cool. The pictures that you used were really interesting and I feel like I'm just like you in a way. I still feel like I have a million dollar idea waiting in the back of my mind, it's just taking its time to actually come to me. Also, that's a pretty cool picture of you riding a camel on your daybook!

    Cheers,

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this post it kept me interested the whole time wanting to know different inventions and the constant change of subject but it all pulled together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this Post because you seem to be very creative with your words as well as your pictures.

    ReplyDelete