Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Final Reflection


The idea of “wobbling” has been present throughout this course for me.

Before Lacy described what she meant by “wobble”, I of course, thought of the song. So, for your listening enjoyment, here’s a link to the video to the song if you would like J

From Day 1 of doing improv, I was forced to come out of my comfort zone. Initially, I really didn’t like the idea   these activities and didn’t see the point.

But through the semester, I really started to like all of the improv activities. It was a nice mental break for me. I liked starting the classes off with these things, and by getting up and doing stuff I was able to stay more focus throughout the class.

This semester made me realize how much I’ve become use to a structured and defined classroom environment. Lacy really let us be more expressive as students than ive ever been allowed to. For example, when concerning our midterm project she told us “there’s no wrong way to go about doing this.” That’s what ive been wanting a teacher to tell me my entire academic career! However, those words stressed me out!
I’ve always had teachers give me so many boundaries especially when it came to major grades. It was really weird to have the exact opposite. Once I got over it, and realized that it really was okay to take the assignment it a new direction it really helped me enjoy the project more and it really helped to lower the stress level of projects.

Overall, I really started to enjoy these things that got me out of my comfort zone. Im still not always 100% there with getting out of my comfort zone, but this semester really did help. I really enjoyed it and am very thankful for the experience.


I hope you guys have a great Christmas break and spring semester J



and remember.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment